Use Hemming Web to fuse two fabrics together. For hems, facings, appliques, reinforcing, applying badges, patching etc.
- Hemming web is suitable for most fabrics, but always test on a sample of fabric first.
- Always position Hemming Web between fabric layers so it is completely covered and none of the webbing protrudes (or it will stick to the iron).
- To fuse — cover the fabric with a press cloth and using a steam iron or press cloth, fuse webbing in place, holding iron in position for 5-10 seconds, pressing slowing and firmly. Allow 10 minutes for fabric to cool before checking bond.
- For hems — insert the Hemming Web 6mm below the top edge of the hem.
- To adjust or alter the bonded fabrics, press the area to re-heat it and then separate the fabrics whilst still hot.
Hemming Web is suitable for most fabrics but always test on a sample of your fabric first.
NB: Use the Hemline reusable Teflon Applique Mat (855) when bonding fusible web to most fabrics.